Thursday, November 4, 2010

Currently Craving: Something Different...

You might have noticed that Vegan MoFo button over to the right. And you are probably thinking...
"Umm...she's not Vegan! What gives?" 
No, I am not Vegan but I do have a natural curiosity for this lifestyle. A Vegan is someone who chooses not to use or consume animal products, for various reasons. The top three reasons would be FOR the ANIMALS, FOR the ENVIRONMENT and FOR HEALTH.


I have never been someone who consumed meat on a regular basis, especially red meat or pork! (I will share my SAVE THE PIGS story with you later this month!) However my interest in Veganism has grown  ever since I really started researching the health benefits. Primary benefits include weight loss, lower cholesterol and blood pressure, less use of medication, avoiding surgery and cancer and feeling more energized.  


Vegan MoFo, Vegan Month of Food, is a blogger celebration of all things Vegan. Folks will be blogging about all things Vegan for the entire month of November! There are tons of great recipes, kitchen gadgets, restaurants and so and so forth!
Cooking and eating Vegan does mean that all you can eat is salad and beans. There are tons of delicious options out there.... even at your favorite restaurants.
I have been exploring Veganism through books, cookbooks and blogs. Vegan at Heart and The Kind Life are two blogs that I have found to be very helpful for someone who is "flirting" with the Vegan Lifestyle.


❉ Veg-A-licious Books to check out ❉

Skinny Bitch--all of them! I will be adding to my Currently Craving Wish List the latest,  Skinny Bitch: Ultimate Everyday Cookbook

The Kind Diet--Like totally awesome! Alicia Silverstone shares recipes, beauty products, clothes and  promotes better health.


BabyCakes:Vegan,  (Mostly) Gluten-Free and (Mostly) Sugar Free Recipes from New York's Most Talked about Bakery--What Vegan's eat cupcakes? And they are actually good?!!! (Just ask my brother and A--both loved these treats when I whipped them up one evening!)


 Vegan Brunch and Veganomicon--Yum Yum and Yummier!




And you can find many more here!




Follow my blog with bloglovin

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...