Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Its All Happening

You know that high you got as a kid on Christmas eve? Well, I have had that feeling since Saturday! I can hardly sleep from all the excitement. We are ceremoniously on the road back home this Friday morning. Not only are we making the move back to South Carolina but I got the job! I am officially (well, really officially on November 16th) the Marketing Manager of Hominy Grill in Charleston, South Carolina.


"Robert Stehling, chef-owner of the homey Hominy Grill and winner of the 2008 James Beard award for Best Chef in the Southeast, has a more refined take that uses bacon and a combination of sharp white Vermont Cheddar and parmesan cheese. Fans wait patiently on the sidewalk of Rutledge Avenue for the dish..." from Gourmet Magazine May 2009 (RIP dear Gourmet...you will be missed!)


We celebrated the offer and the move on Saturday night at Andina Restaurant...a taste of Peru in the Pearl! So Delicious! We started the evening off with a Sacsayhuam´an {pronounced "sexy-woman"} for me and a Gin martini for Adam.  I have been craving this Habanero infused vodka and passionfruit cocktail and could not leave Portland without having just one more!  Mango Verde Y Langostinos Cebiches (Green mango, passionfruit and prawns) paired perfectly! For entrees, Adam chose, Adobo de Cerdo (pork tenderloin, butternut squash and gorgonzola ravioli) and for myself, Quinoto de Hongos de la MontaƱa (quinoa with golden beet and local mushroom risotto, laced in truffle oil and grilled asparagus)--AMAZING! Dessert you ask? I just could not resist the spicy sweet flavor of a second cocktail!  





Sunday was full of Football and then Ladies Night! I will say that all in all my final weekend in Portland was very successful! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...